Upgrading to Tasmota 10.1.0

So I was bored and checked to see if there was a new version of Tasmota since I haven’t checked in a while. Sure enough there was so I ran the OTA update in TasmoAdmin but nothing happened. It said it updated everything but all of my devices said they were still running 9.5.0.

So I picked a random device and it was the lock to the Master Bedroom. I kept getting a Upload buffer miscompare error.

I looked into it and I had to upgrade to the Minimal version of 10.1.0 via the GZ file type and then in the console make it upgrade to the full build. I did a backup with decode-config but when I tried to restore the backup I got an error stating that major changes are in 10.1.0. Well I had no hard copy of the GPIO settings I used so I had to look things up in the json file that decode-config created. I found the GPIO settings.

"user_template": {"base": 46, "flag": 0, "gpio": [0, 0, 0, 0, 224, 192, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0], "name": "DOOR_MASTER"},

I had to clean it up and copied and paste it into the WebUI for the device.

{"NAME":"DOOR_MASTER","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,224,192,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":46}

I thought I was set but I heard the lock engage from the Garage since the lock kinda sounds like a jail cell door’s electronic lock. Come to find out the base was wrong. In 10.1.0 BASE 46 is for a shelly device. I had to change it to BASE 18 and that fixed it.

Before I go and update anymore devices I need to write down the configurations. Since I don’t have Tasmota doing to much I can easily migrate to the new version without too much work. Now if I was doing Device Groups and other funky stuff then I would have a lot of work ahead of me.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s